Monday, March 17, 2008

i still haven't quit my day job

right. So I thought I quit my day job. The one where I worked in information security, or as my husband liked to say, "computers."

Speaking of my husband, have you read his blog? if you haven't, go ahead, I'll wait.

Done yet?

Key thing: my husband is on a quest to remain current in the every changing world of technology. A noble goal in which I support him 100%.

BUT

My husband is all about keeping up to date with technological APPLICATIONS. He has no interest whatsoever in procuring or maintaining the hardware that supports them. I think this is cute. So, since I support him 100% in this quest, and think he's really cute, I still have a "computer" job. I just don't get paid for it. Sure, we could pay someone at Best Buy or Micro Center to do this stuff for us, but I really have trouble paying for things that I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to do myself.

Then I had the brilliant idea that my boys could one day be in charge! Right. You can't let your kids be in charge. So I'm thinking I'll have to get the personal training option when we buy our iMac next Christmas.

And now I'm off to wash diapers, am I well-rounded or what?

No comments: